Sam's blog


Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present

"If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. - Steve Job

Meaning in life. Living life to the full. Living without regrets. Live your dreams. Live don't merely exist. They all mean the same thing. I guess there comes a point in your life where you take the back seat, open both your eyes, mind, heart and review your life thus far. Each person would have a different interpretation of what it means to really live. Just scourging the net you see different thoughts from various people.

- Become the change you want to see
-
None of us are promised tomorrow
-
We only go around once in this silly, messed up world. So, give it your best shot while you're living
-
Go out and do the things that you love to do and do it now instead of pushing it till tomorrow if you can do it today
-
Take control of your life, and have fun
-
Means i dont sit round an wait for things to come to me...i go get it or do it
-
Don't take life for granted and enjoy the most you can in life because before you know it it is gone. And there is only memories left
-
Trying new things and taking chances
- Be not the passerby watching the parade but be the main cast of the parade
-
Living life from the outside in rather than the inside out
-
Live like you were dying
- Take the risk, what's the worse that could happen


All I want is to wake up each day and to know that I'm making a difference.
It's not about me. Never was.

Today I Will Make a Difference by Max Lucado

Today I will make a difference.

I will begin by controlling my thoughts. A person is the product of his thoughts.

I want to be happy and hopeful. Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful.

I refuse to be victimized by my circumstances. I will not let petty inconveniences such as stoplights, long lines, and traffic jams be my masters.

I will avoid negativism and gossip. Optimism will be my companion, and victory will be my hallmark.

Today I will make a difference.

I will be grateful for the twenty-four hours that are before me.

Time is a precious commodity. I refuse to allow what little time I have to be contaminated by self-pity, anxiety, or boredom.

I will face this day with the joy of a child and the courage of a giant.

I will drink each minute as though it is my last.

When tomorrow comes, today will be gone forever.

While it is here, I will use it for loving and giving.

Today I will make a difference.

I will not let past failures haunt me. Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures.

I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on.

Victoriously.

No failure is fatal.

It’s OK to stumble… I will get up.

It’s OK to fail… I will rise again.

Today I will make a difference.


posted by sam @ 6:14 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Samuel Yau

How do you truly know someone? The truth is, you can't. Each person that you come across have a perspective of you that differs from another. So it's entirely up to you on how I am perceived to be

About This Blog

Initially this blog was birthed out of curiosity, on what it would be like to have a blog. To explore the world of entrepreneurship, business, marketing, etc and to jot down my learnings/experience here. As time passes on, the purpose change, the passion change, the person change.


Quote

    "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

Archives

Previous Posts


Links




Sam's Friends

  • Aaron L.
  • Alvin K.
  • Andrew L.
  • Audrey T.
  • Beatrice L.
  • Benjamin D.
  • Celine C.
  • Cfmmu
  • Dayze D.
  • David K.
  • Daniel K.
  • Deric J.
  • Dusty H.
  • Ee Chia C.
  • Edmund H.
  • Elaine S.
  • Elysia T.
  • Elvina T.
  • Esther L.
  • Esther S.
  • Esther W.
  • Fefe
  • Gary L.
  • Grace C.
  • Grace G.
  • Grace T.
  • Heidi T.
  • Isabel Y.
  • Jacintha L.
  • James L.
  • Jason T.
  • Jia Wern
  • Jin Wang
  • Jo Wen
  • Joash Y.
  • John S.
  • Joseph W.
  • Joshua C.
  • Joshua J.
  • Jonathan L.
  • KennySia
  • Kevin K.
  • Laura T.
  • Lenard T.
  • Leo K.
  • Leona L.
  • Lianne L.
  • Lilian L.
  • Lionel T.
  • Louis C.
  • Lucius C.
  • Mark C.
  • Melissa A.
  • Michelle D.
  • Mr. Brown
  • Nicky W.
  • Peak Yin L.
  • PG165
  • Rachel A. T.
  • Renee T.
  • Solomon T.
  • Stefanie C.
  • Taikacher.
  • Tze Seong L.
  • Victor K.
  • Wayne N.S.
  • Wee Liem N.